Encouraging all drivers to stop Texting & Driving!
Distracted Driving Stats for 2019: A Quick Look
• 21% of teen drivers involved in a car accident were distracted by cell phones.
• A teen driver with one additional passenger is twice as likely to be involved in a fatal car accident.
• Texting or reading a text takes a driver’s eyes off the road for at least 5 seconds.
• In some states, a distracted driving citation can raise insurance rates from $87 to $762.
• According to the NHTSA, 660,000 drivers use electronic devices while driving.
Nationwide Efforts to eliminate Texting & Driving
For the past decade, distracted driving has taken U.S. roadways by storm, endangering not only distracted drivers, but also their passengers, those in other vehicles and pedestrians.
CARSTAR Joins National Auto Body Council to Highlight Distracted Driving Awareness Month in April
CARSTAR AUTO BODY REPAIR EXPERTS SAYS IT CAN WAIT® WHEN IT COMES TO TEXTING AND DRIVING
CARSTAR Auto Body Repair Experts hopes to reduce the dangers of distracted driving with national support of the It Can Wait® campaign for the third consecutive year. CARSTAR is teaming up with the National Auto Body Council and others in the collision industry to educate drivers about being smarter and safer in the car.